Griffin Day 2
Minutes old!
I'm Free!
The Nielsen Family Four (now know as G-JAC!)

Whemph, finally busted out of the hospital this morning after having to stay an extra night due to some concerns over wee Griffin's little mucous/barfing problem (how did I become the Mom of 2 barfing little boys?!) but all is well and we are now safely ensconced at home. For those who don't know, Griffin Aaron Holck Nielsen was born at 8:30am exactly on Oct 28, 2008 weighing 7lbs 7ozat BC Women's hospital (all without me experiencing a single contraction - hurrah!). Griffin entered the world with a healthy cry and a swift spray of pee for the OB and nurses assisting (Dad was proud). So far, Griffin is super chill and I am just soaking in every precious moment...he already has a pretty funny personality the rare moments he is awake - maybe the family clown?!
I do have to say that all the advice and kind words I have had from 2nd time Mums has rung true thus far...not only did the whole 2nd c-section thing go so much more smoothly...I am less tired (for now), less stressed (for now) and truly just enjoying every single moment.
Jasper is being a great big brother so far...he was a little apprehensive at first about the baby, and still starts to cry when the baby gets really upset, but its just that he is such a sensitive little soul...bless his little heart! We do have to keep reminding him though that baby can't "play trains" with him for another 12 months or so, so Mum will have to put on her cap and take that duty back over once the Gmas and Gpas have left.
Otherwise, life is pretty damn good and I am feeling as good as a new Mum of 3 days can feel. Had some champers AND wine tonight (along with 3 tons of halloween candy - post to follow), and won't worry about getting back to my career as a bikini model for another week or so yet - hardy har har.......



No comments:
Post a Comment